Thursday, March 18, 2010

Incubus Dreams by Laurel K. Hamilton

This is another one of her Anita Blake vampire hunter series, published in 2004

There are more Anita Blake novels but I haven't gotten to them yet. Yes this is another paranormal romance but there aren't very traditional romantic scenes in the book.
Anita is second to the master vampire of the city, has her own metaphysical bond to five different men for different reasons. Some of which are wereleopards,vampires, a vampire servant and some because thy were there at the time she hit a metaphysical crisis. Her day job is raising zombies, her night job is to assist the local police with crimes they might think are vampire related. Vampires have legal rights as citizens now but that doesn't make her job easier.

spoilers:
OK we all know that the Anita Blake books revolve around "intimate moments" to feed her vampire hunger, her wereanimal hungers, to keep her triumverates alive, and the ardeur, but my god there was so much of it with different pairings in a row that i started skimming for it to stop. After about twenty pages three quarters through the book I felt as if I had lost some plot in there somewhere. Yes Anita gets over some of her hangups and treats Nathanial the way he wants ot be treated, gets some of the closure she needs from Richard and helps Jean-Claude but somewhere I missed some plot. I don't know if its true but it feels like it.

oh I think I have a mental crush on Requiem.
658 pages long and it took me most of the day to read it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment