Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Dark Tower by Stephen King (Book 7)

I put off reading this book because I didn't want to end the tale, and an epic tale it is.
Mr. King started the dark tower series in 1970 and finished it in 2003.

(I take a knee and say Thankee-sai King)

This book is well worth waiting for. All of our epic struggles, the fear, the hopes the years of waiting to hear how this was going to end and I can't even begin to describe it to you.
~
Roland, the gunslinger, must stop the Crimson King from reaching the Tower, if he does not all worlds, all versions of our world will be destroyed (thrown into Discordia). Roland is the last of his bloodline, (the line of Eld) and only he can climb the stairs and save the tower.
~
Do you want to know if he makes it?
Does Everyone die?
Does Roland live through it?
What about the other characters and references from over fifteen other books King has written outside of these seven?
~
You learn everything here, and more than you wanted to know.
(let me know when you get out of odd's lane.)
I am trying not to give away secrets from this book or any of the others and this is hard, there's a part of my heart that wants to sing the song of the rose to the heavens, and a part of me that weeps, actually did weep as I closed that back cover.

Stephen King said at the end of this book, I am going to paraphrase a paragraph into a sentence here:
If you don't like the ending don't yell at me this is how its supposed to end.
~
He's right, you won't like all of it, you may not like any of it, but the ending feels RIGHT.
That's why I cried and I'm going to save these books and give them to my son when he's old enough to read them for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment