Sunday, November 29, 2009

Call of Cthulhu Novels: Baby's First Mythos

This is not your typical baby's first ABC book.
If you are a hardcore Lovecraft fan you will buy this book for yourself. If you happen to have a child (like me) you'll probably buy it for them to save for when they are older.
I purchased it and taped a photo of my son who at the time was almost 2 years old to the inside cover. I showed CJ when I had him autograph the book. He made a joke about raising him right that I'll never forget. thanks :)

He wrote this book with his daughter illustrating it and I think that says a lot. The illustrations are black and white like any good grimoire and they add to the creepy factor. This version has the letters a-z (now with x!) and the numbers 1-9 with 0.

This is definitely not for kids under the age of twelve. Unless they are already H.P. Lovecraft fans. Of course my son already is. I'a Cthulhu.

No comments:

Post a Comment