Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shimmer

Shimmer by John Passarella

It is paranormal thriller based around the protection of humanity. There are always heroes but these are different. When spots between realities thin things come through and the Walkers stop them. Some of the things that come through are reminiscent of Lovecraft and add to the bloodshed factor. The monsters here rock.
This story is based around the youngest Walker and his high school drama, love life. It wasn't what I expected from the previews.
I am a fan of John Passarella and was one of the winners of his fan email contest to have your name used as a character in the book. I was very pleased to see my three pages of existence and my good death.


This is a young adult book, so for those of us who have read some of his other books will find it an easy read.
I think I am just jaded. His other books seem to be much more substantial to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the story but I felt as if I was missing more back history on the characters.
But it was good enough to make me want to get a tattoo of their motto: “Anima spes est, life is hope."
Is it conjugated correctly?

No comments:

Post a Comment